Fargo VA Health Care System
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized three COVID-19 vaccines. VA is following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidance to pause in providing the Janssen vaccine at this time. This pause is due to a concern about possible rare side effects. Your safety is our top priority. For more information, go to the CDC website. Read the CDC and FDA statement on the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine. If you have a vaccine appointment scheduled, your VA health facility will work with you to determine what to do next.
Congress has passed a new law that allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to more people. VA is now able to offer vaccine to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine at VA when their local VA facilities have enough vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
The best way to stay informed is to sign up to tell us you'd like to get a COVID-19 vaccine at VA. Your local VA facility will then contact you when they have a vaccine for you.
For your continued health and safety during this pandemic, please don't come to a VA health facility to request a COVID-19 vaccine without an appointment unless you are coming to a specific scheduled event such as a walk-in clinic or drive-through clinic that does not require an appointment.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.COVID-19 Vaccine: President Biden recently signed the SAVE LIVES Act, expanding eligibility for COVID-19 vaccinations provided by VA to the following groups:
- All categories of Veterans regardless of Character of Discharge – Anyone who served in the U.S. military is eligible to be vaccinated through VA.
- Spouses of a Veteran – For COVID-19 vaccine eligibility, we define a spouse to include marriage, same-sex, and common-law marriages. This includes a widow or widower of a Veteran. If you characterize your relationship as spousal, you can receive the vaccine.
- Caregivers of a Veteran – For COVID-19 vaccine eligibility, we define a caregiver as a family member or friend who provides care to the Veteran. Caregivers may help the Veteran with personal needs like feeding, bathing, or dressing. They may also help the Veteran with tasks like shopping or transportation.
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits.
If you’re interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, please call the Fargo VA at 800-410-9723 or (701) 239-3700, select option 2, then select option 1 primary care scheduling, to inquire about vaccine appointment locations – perhaps at a location near you – and options. Hours of operation for this phone line are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Central Time.
Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
Appointments and walk-ins are available Monday through Friday at the Fargo VA Medical Center. We have the following COVID-19 vaccine clinics coming up in communities across North Dakota and northwest Minnesota:
- Jamestown, ND, at Shady’s at the Gladstone Inn and Suites on April 7, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 111 2nd St NE, Jamestown, ND 58401
- Bismarck, ND, at the Bismarck Armory on April 8, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., 4200 Miriam Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58501
- Williston, ND, at the Williston Upper Missouri District Health Unit Airport Hangar on April 13, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 408 Airport Road, Williston, ND 58801
- Dickinson, ND, at the Dickinson Armory on April 14, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 46 W Museum Dr, Dickinson, ND 58601
- Fergus Falls, MN, at the Bigwood Event Center on April 16, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., 925 Western Ave, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- Bemidji, MN, at the Sanford Center on April 19, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., 1111 Event Center Drive NE, Bemidji, MN 56601
- Grand Forks, ND, North Dakota National Guard Armory on April 21, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 1501 S 48th St, Grand Forks, 58201
- Fargo VA Health Care System
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only