Fargo VA Health Care System
It's time to get up and MOVE!
Maintaining a healthy weight is one of the best things you can do to ensure good health. The Fargo VA MOVE! Program can help you do that.
MOVE! is a weight self-management program for Veterans who want to improve their health through a variety of classes and sessions, all designed to fit the needs to individual Veterans.
In addition to self management and group classes that are conducted in person, over the phone or via telemedicine (video conference), MOVE! staff are also available to help and guide Veterans with their weight loss needs via Secure Messaging. Secure Messaging is similar to email, and is available through My HealtheVet.
- Emphasis on health and wellness, not appearance
- Comprehensive content includes nutrition, physical activity, and behavior modification
- Programming based on individual needs and goals
- Free pedometer to measure physical activity
- MOVE! programming is provided free of charge to all veterans
- Improve health and quality of life
- Decrease or delay onset of weight-related chronic diseases
- Promote personal empowerment to improve health
To Get Started:
- Request a MOVE! consult from your provider or contact the Fargo MOVE! staff at 1-800-410-9723 ext: 3628
- Complete the Q23 assessment provided by MOVE! staff
- Meet with MOVE! staff to set initial weight loss goals
- Determine which MOVE! program option below best fits your needs, goals, and lifestyle
- One time visit with MOVE! staff to learn more about the basics of weight management
MOVE Self Management
- Regular follow-up from MOVE! staff via telephone, secure messaging, face-to-face, or telemedicine (videoconference) appointment at local community-based outreach clinics.
MOVE Group Classes
- Consist of monthly classes led by a team of health professionals
- Classes are held at the Fargo VA and also offered via telemedicine (videoconference) at local VA Community Outreach Clinics in North Dakota and Minnesota.
To learn more about the VA MOVE! Program, visit: http://www.move.va.gov