Fargo VA Health Care System
Think PINK! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
In the Pink:
Some good habits that keep you healthy that have the added benefit of lowering your risk of breast cancer include:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Getting a daily dose of physical activity
- Limiting alcohol consumption to less than one drink per day
Be Aware, Not Anxious:
The good news is that most changes in the breast or not cancer. In fact, most abnormal results from mammograms are also not related to cancer.
- Be aware of changes in your breast and share this information with your physician or other healthcare professional
- Know your family history of breast cancer - you and your physician can use this information to see how watchful an approach to take
Get recommended screening tests and immunizations—(focus on cancer screening): Get recommended preventive services including screening tests and immunizations. Recommendations for preventive services depend on your age, gender, health status, and family history. Find out which screening tests and immunizations are recommended for you!
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Screening for Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer—Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Other resources - Federal Government: