Regular physical activity is one of the best choices you can make for your health. Set goals for your physical activity!
Friday, March 24, 2017
Walk, run, or roll your wheelchair to improve your health!
Regular physical activity is one of the best choices you can make for your health. Set goals for your physical activity! Consider training for the Fargo VA’s VA2K or the Fargo Marathon’s 5K Hero Run!
Fargo VA’s VA2K Walk/Run/Roll (1.25 miles) – May 17
· Event is FREE – no registration required.
· Gather at 5:15 p.m. at by the large stage in the middle of the parking lot on the south side of the Fargodome where Color Guard will be setting up & look for the VA sign in the crowd
· Walk with VA staff and other Veterans.
Fargo Marathon’s 5K Hero Run (3.1 miles) – participate in your wheelchair – May 19
· Line up at 5:30 p.m. – walk starts at 6:30 p.m.
· Gather at 5:15 p.m. at the southwest quadrant of University Drive N. & 17th Ave. N, south of the Fargodome & look for the VA sign in the crowd
· Registration info:
Veterans who receive care at the VA can register at a discounted rate of $20.
Must register by May 15 online at www.fargomarathon.com/Registration.html using discount code FARGOVA (all caps) or register by mailing in the registration form. The registration form can be found in the Health Hub at the Fargo VA, or emailed to you. If you need a registration form, have questions, need more information, or would like to receive a free bandana identifying you as a Veteran during the 5K, call (701) 239-3700 extension 4039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want help increasing your activity? Join the Fargo VA’s Walking Group on Tuesday mornings at 9 a.m. at the Fargo VA Health Hub (1st floor)! No registration necessary – just come when you can.
For more information on ANY of these activities, call (701) 239-3700 extension 4039.