Fargo VA Health Care System
Fargo VA hosts annual VA2K Walk & Roll May 16
The Fargo VA will host its 8th annual VA2K Walk & Roll on May 16.
The free VA2K is a two-kilometer walk or wheelchair roll for Veterans, community members, and VA employees to help support homeless Veterans and promote health and wellness.
For those interested in participating, meet at the Fargo VA’s flagpole area by the west entrance of the Fargo VA Medical Center (2101 Elm St. N., Fargo) for the opening ceremony at 11 a.m., or come any time between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and take the course at your own pace. No registration is required.
Participants are encouraged to bring donations to support local homeless Veterans, but donations are not required. A list of recommended donation items is below.
Tables and chairs will be set up in the Fargo VA’s Healing Garden during the event for people to bring and eat their lunches. Fargo VA staff will be on hand to provide assistance to anyone needing help along the route and to help push wheelchairs. In the case of inclement weather, the VA2K Walk & Roll will take place inside the Fargo VA Medical Center.
Across the VA since 2011, the annual VA2K event has generated donated goods valued at nearly $2 million – all to help homeless Veterans.
In 2017, the VA2K Walk & Roll was held at more than 200 VA locations nationwide with more than 22,000 VA employees and 5,000 Veterans participating.
If you have questions about participation or donations, call the Fargo VA at (701) 239-3700 dial 9 then extension 2205.
Recommended donation items:
- Hormel Completes or shelf-stable dinners
- Carnation Instant Breakfast 8oz. bottles or protein-type beverages
- Meals in a can: canned chili, stews (peel-off top only)
- Canned/pouched tuna, salmon, chicken
- Individual fruit cups (peel off top only)
- Canned vegetables (peel off top only)
- Individual juice boxes/Gatorade/Powerade
- Bottled water
- Peanut butter
- Beef jerky
- Easy Mac and Cheese/Ramen Noodles
- Healthy snacks (individual portions)
- Individual size cereal
- Individual size oatmeal
- Dry milk, evaporated milk, boxed shelf-stable milk.