About the Program
The mental health service at the Fargo VA Healthcare System provides consultation, evaluation, and treatment for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being.
We conduct research and training to ensure state-of-the-art treatment.
Mental health services provided at the Fargo VA Healthcare System include the following services:
- Psychiatry Services
- Psychology Services
- Homeless Veterans Services
- Inpatient Psychiatric Unit
- Addiction Treatment and Counseling
Services provided address the following:
- depression, sadness, grief
- anxiety, worry, nervousness
- addictive behaviors
- relationship problems
- stress from medical problems and/or pain
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- emotional problems, such as managing anger
- vocational issues
- troublesome thoughts or ideas
- confused thinking
- aggressive or self-harming behaviors
- memory problems
- military sexual trauma
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health consultant.