Listed below are a few ways in which our volunteers make a difference in the lives of our Veterans. Volunteer opportunities do vary from time to time, so please contact the Voluntary Service office at 701-239-3700 ext. 9-3395 for a current listing of available volunteer opportunities.
Courtesy Vehicle Drivers
- Shuttle patients and family members between VA parking lot and hospital front entrance. To fill this role, you must have a current drivers license. Hours: Wednesday, Thursday or Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Care Ambassador/Greeter
- Greet patients and visitors as they enter the building, answer any questions, provide directions and escort them to their destination within the hospital as needed. Hours: Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon.
- Volunteer Office Assistant
- Help in the business office with retrieving, opening and sorting mail, delivering mail to mailroom, faxing 1010EZs, stuffing envelopes, filing, copying, and typing letters. Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Outpatient Pharmacy Assistant
- Help the outpatient pharmacy with data entry, scanning patients' medications, photocopying, filing and assisting patients at the pharmacy window. Hours: Monday through Friday 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Radiology/X-ray Department Assistant
- Help retrieve and file x-rays, answer phones, log in and match films, mail x-ray films and assist technologist and clerical staff as needed. Hours: Monday or Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Greeter/Coffee Cart
- Greet and serve beverages to veteran patients and family members in outpatient clinics and waiting areas. Hours: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Volunteer or Give
Voluntary Service Office
VA Medical Center 3rd floor
(701) 239-3700, ext. 9-3395